Where can I discharge my sump pump water?

Sump pumps and roof drains may not be connected to the sanitary sewer.  It is illegal to create or maintain either connection.  The City offers a cost-sharing grant to help eliminate these connections.  Please contact the Building & Zoning Department at 815-632-6624 for further information on the grant.  In limited cases, you may be able to connect a sump pump to a catch basin.  Please contact Public Works for more information on this at 815-632-6657.

Show All Answers

1. How do I pay my city sewer bill?
2. My trash didn't get picked up, who should I call?
3. Can I have a recreational fire?
4. How do I pay a ticket or a fine?
5. How can I see the agenda for an upcoming City Council or Board meeting?
6. A snow plow damaged my mailbox, who do I call?
7. How do I apply for a job with the City?
8. How do I become a firefighter?
9. How do I become a police officer?
10. Where can I put my garage sale sign?
11. How do I rent the Market Place, the Community Room or Grandon?
12. Where can I discharge my sump pump water?
13. How can I get fingerprinted for my place of employment?
14. Who do I call to report low hanging wires?